Wednesday 7 October 2015

Inspiration: Oscar De La Renta SS2012




All images came from: http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2012/ready-to-wear/oscar-de-la-renta

We can sometimes find influences of these in contemporary hairstyles, for example in 2012 Oscar De La Renta’s Spring/Summer catwalk showcase featured some hairstyles that were styled and adorned with items in a way that could be compared with Elizabethan hairstyles.
I have noticed a number of similarities between these hairstyles and the hair of women in Elizabethan times, many have been curled tightly however these are in a more contemporary style to suit modern audiences. Other similarities were the adornments in these hairstyles. For the showcase of this collection lots of plaits were adorned with pearls or small pieces of material, adding in beautiful detail to the hairstyle. Which in my opinion links beautifully with Elizabethan style and for me these looks are a very contemporary version of the style.

When finding looks like this in modern fashion it allows me to think of the direction I could potentially take my directed study in, as there a number of possibilities. To improve my further understanding I feel that more research is necessary so that I have a wider variety of knowledge available to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment