Wednesday 4 November 2015

Vivienne Westwood's Spring/ Summer 2013 Collection











In Vivienne Westwood’s S/S 2013 catwalk for her collection her models hair were styled in a way that reminded me a lot of Elizabethan hairstyles. Many of the styles worn by the models were different, however in my opinion they all seems to have some connection to the hairstyles that were fashionable in the Elizabethan era. Ranging from frizzed up-dos to curled and eccentric looking frizzed hair. The shape of some of the up-dos resembles the style of the Elizabethan era, as they are often large and rounded, with some appearing to be slightly heart shaped, iconic to the era. The body and texture of the hairstyles is the biggest component that reminded me of Elizabethans. They were renowned for their body and texture in their hair and I feel it has been recreated in a contemporary way brilliantly in these styles. I love the use of messy frizz and this is something I aim to have recreated in my design. 



No comments:

Post a Comment